Remoda's Approach to Privacy
Remoda is run by Remoda Pty Ltd and it controls how your Personal Information is used. Remoda Pty Ltd is established in Australia at 1/27 William Street, Balaclava, Victoria 3183. Its Australian Company Number (ACN) is 164557153.
Personal Information We Hold About You
We collect the categories of information described below when you use the Service.
Information You Provide
We collect information from you when you voluntarily submit information to us or the Service. This can include information you provide when you register to use the Service, complete a form, list an item, or take an action on the Service (such as when you comment on or like an item, perform a search or engage in a transaction).
Information we collect directly from you includes:
- Account and profile information: such as name, email address, the country and city you are resident in, account password, user name, users you follow, profile picture, profile description, items you have listed, purchased, bookmarked or shared.
- Transaction information relating to sold or purchased items: such as payment method, price and currency.
- Comments, likes and messages you share with other users through the Service.
- Comments and opinions to us: such as submissions through the Service, telephone, electronic mail and regular mail or post comments, content or messages to us through a third party website where we have a profile or presence (such as Facebook and Pinterest).
- Friends you invite to the Service or share details of the Service or items with.
- Searches you make on the Service to find items or users.
- Preferences that you set on the Service: such as notifications you wish to receive.
Information About How You Use The Service
We collect data about how you use the Service such as the pages and you access, the time you access the Service and duration you are on it, the site you come to the Service from or go to after leaving the Service, selections and choices you make when using the Service.
Setting Up An Account
We collect data about the computer or other electronic devices (“device”) you use to connect to the Service such as details about the type of device (which can include unique device identifying numbers), its operating system, browser and applications connected to the Service through the device, your Internet service provider or mobile network, your IP address and your devices telephone number (if it has one).
Information About Your Actual Location
Where you give us consent, we use information about your location, sometimes together with other Personal Information, to provide features of the Service that are relevant to you and your location. For example this can include allowing you to search for items that are for sale in your local area.
You can set your preferences relating to our use of location data in your phone settings.
Information Provided By Social Networks You Connect To The Service
If you connect via a social network such as Facebook to the Service we will collect information from them in accordance with your privacy settings with them. This can include information such as your name, profile picture, network, gender, username, user ID, age range, language, country, friends lists or followers and any other information you have agreed they can share
Information Provided By Other Users
Other users can provide information that is associated with you such as comments and likes relating to your items and messages they send to you.
Information You Provide About Contacts
We will hold information that you provide about your contacts and friends, for example when you invite them to use the Service. By providing us with information about your contacts and friends you confirm that they have permitted you to do this.
Information Provided By Other Organisations
Other organisations may provide information that we associate with you where they are lawfully permitted to share it, such as contact details, demographic data, or Internet navigation information.
Information From Credit Reference, Fraud And Crime Prevention Organisations
If you fail to pay for an item or fraudulent or other criminal activity is suspected relating to your account, we may be provided with information by credit reference, fraud and crime prevention organisations.
How We Use Your Information
The information we collect may be used for a number of different purposes. We do not use all information for all purposes. The table below sets out the categories of information we collect and the specific purpose each category is used for.
Information Purpose Used For
About how you use the Service
About how you connect to the Service
About your actual location
Provided by social networks you connect to the Service
Provided by other users
Provided by other organisations
From credit reference, fraud and crime prevention organisations
Purposes 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 9
Purposes 1, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 9
Purposes 1, 3, 4, 6, 8 and 9
Purposes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 9
Purposes 1,3, 4, 6 and 9
Purposes 2, 6 and 7
- To manage your account, process transactions and provide the features of “the Service”
- To validate and keep your Personal Information accurate
- To present and tailor content in the most effective manner for you and your device
- For troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, improving the Service and developing new products and features
- To notify you about changes to the Service or address queries you have in relation to the Service
- To predict information that may be of interest to you and send related messages to you in accordance with your marketing preferences
- To deliver advertising on the Service and third party websites and measure or understand the effectiveness of ads you and others see on the Service
- To provide you with location based features and services (when you use such features and services)
- To protect our rights or property or the rights property of others, detect and investigate illegal activities and breaches of any agreement we have with you
Your Marketing Preferences
- Email - From time to time we may contact you by email with information about our products and services
- Push notifications – where you allow us to, we will send you notifications relating to the Service.
- Where you have given us permission to do so, we may share your information with selected third parties so that they can provide you with information about their products and services using email.
If you do not want us to contact you by email, you can change your email marketing preferences by emailing us at email@example.com and letting us know that you do not want to receive marketing emails from us. You can also unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe in the emails we send to you.
You can change your push notification preferences at anytime in your settings.
If, after you have given us permission to share your email address with selected third parties, you change your mind, you can change your email marketing preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and letting us know that you do not want us to share your email address with third parties for marketing purposes.
Information Available To Other Users Through The Service
The Service is designed to help you interact with other users of the Service. As a result of this some of the information generated through the Service is shared with other users of the Service as described below.
When you create an account on the Service a user profile will be generated for you that makes the following information publicly available: user name, country and city location, your followers and who you are following, details about the items you are selling. If you add any of the following information to your profile this will also be made publicly available: profile picture, profile description and website address. We will not directly reveal user email addresses to other users.
When you list an item for sale on the Service information you add to the listing will be made publicly available such as the item photograph, price, item description, accepted payment method and delivery options. Any comments or likes other users add to your item listing will also be made publicly available.
Information About Your Activity On The Service
Some of your activities on the Services are public by default. These activities are when you follow a user, or a user follows you, when you comment on or like an item, when you list an item for sale, when your item is sold, or when you purchase an item.
Social Networks You Connect To The Service – where you have chosen to do so we will post updates about your use of the Service to social networks you connect to the Service on your behalf.
Information We Share With Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information with the following parties:
- Service providers – third parties who provide a service to us. These third parties will only be allowed to use your Personal Information in accordance with our instructions and will be required to keep your information secure
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons – third parties who we are under a legal obligation to disclose your Personal Information to or who we need to disclose your Personal Information to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of others, detect and investigate illegal activities and breaches of any agreement we have with you.
- Buyers of our business – buyers of Remoda Pty Ltd or any of its assets may have your Personal Information disclosed or transferred to them as part of the sale.
We will not sell or rent your Personal Information to a third party for marketing purposes without your consent. For further information on your marketing options see the “Your marketing preferences” section above.
Information That Cannot Identify You
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to anyone else except as set out above. We may provide third parties with aggregate statistical information and analytics about users of the Service but will we make sure no one can be identified from this information before we disclose it.
Storing And Transferring Your Personal Information
- Timeframe – your Personal Information will be kept by us for as long as your account remains active. If you deactivate your account your Personal Information will be kept for a reasonable period of time after this so that we can complete any activities it is being used for or where we have a need to retain your Personal Information. Following this period we will either delete the information or change it to a form that does not identify you.
- Cookies And Local Storage – we may store information (which may include Personal Information) locally on your device using cookies and other browser and application storage methods. For further information please see our Cookies Policy.
Accessing Your Personal Information
Most of the Personal Information we hold about you is either available directly from viewing your account and looking back over your own activities, or is available from the social networks that you have connected to the Service. If you think there is other information you would like to access, please contact us using the contact details set out in the “Contacting us” section below. Please provide as much information as you can about the information you are looking for and we will be happy to try and help you find it.
Links To Third Party Sites
The Service may, from time to time, contain s to and from third party websites of our partner networks, advertisers, partner merchants, retailers and affiliates. If you follow a to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
Our Policy Towards Children
Our Service is only available to persons aged 14 and over.
The Service is not directed to persons under 13 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, without your consent, then please contact us using the details below so that we can take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account
Changes To This Policy
Notice To You